Full-Stack Software EngineerApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Internet fraud is exploding. As every company moves business online, the opportunity for fraudsters is climbing steeply. Twilio’s Account Security (AccSec) team helps companies connect with their users, and enables builders to prevent account takeovers and fraud. Trusted communications is our mission.
Twilio is looking for exceptional full stack software engineers who meet the following requirements.
- 3+ years in designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one server side programming language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Scala, ...)
- Demonstrated expertise working with at least one modern Front-End framework (React + Redux/MobX, AngularJS, ...)
- Basic Linux command line skills.
- Direct experience working with agile processes, continuous integration, and tests automation.
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good development practices with the community.
Bonus Points for:
- Go, ReactJS knowledge.
- Experience working with container-based applications.
- Expertise in AWS (Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB).
- Experience working with MongoDB and next generation distributed data stores.
As a Full Stack Engineer at AccSec, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Building APIs for the Account Security products (Authy, Verify, Fraud Lookup).
- Building and improving the web experience that customers and developers have with the Account Security products.
- Contributing to the development of tests automation.
- Mentoring and positively influencing junior developers and the team in general.
At Twilio, maintaining trust communications is one of the top priorities. and the Account Security team plays an integral role in taking on the market to offer a safer gateway into our beloved applications and protecting our personal data. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, BBQs, gym stipend, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco
and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.