Global VP of Field EngineeringApply
Twilio's Global VP Field Engineering will lead our pre-sales engineering, launch and professional service teams to drive successful sales and customer implementations. This will be the be our first global leader for these areas and the goal will be to unify our regional teams in North America, EMEA and APAC. The success leader will implement uniform programs, processes and tooling to deliver high quality pre/post sales experiences in partnership with our rapidly growing sales organizations. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with program development experience, great communication skills including public speaking and technically comfortable at a code or architectural level. You will be a member of our global sales leadership team and will have significant impact in helping us to plan and execute on addressing the massive opportunity in the market.
- Lead our global team that provides pre-sales support to our regionally assigned rapidly growing sales teams including velocity based inside sales, enterprise sales targeting new customers including global 2000 and up sell and cross sell of new products/use cases to our existing customers
- Lead expert services team to supplement customer developer capabilities to provide expert knowledge and technical confidence to implement customers requirements
- Work with our customer success team to provide post sales engineering assistance to drive adoption and revenue realization
- Develop and execute a global plan to unify our field engineering teams and develop a consistent level of execution, utilization and results
- Implement best practices based approach that leverages data, financial results, learnings and feedback to constantly improve results
- Build and lead high performance teams of top talent that consistently delivers productivity that exceeds standards and objectives
- Deliver playbooks and financial models to support our sales, post sales and customer success teams
- Retain top performers, recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management so that at least 75% exceed performance expectations
- Represent field engineering and customer technical experience to all other Twilio departments providing regular updates on market and customer requirements around our execution, products, services and operations
- Provide transparent and consistent management input on status of the business, results and quality of our combined execution
- Act as company spokesperson for major customer and industry audiences that will include developers as well as senior technical leadership
- 10+ years experience building and leading high performance field engineering teams that deliver overachievement.
- Global experience prefered with a minimum of major country level leadership.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Solid technical, commercial and financial skills with an ability to operate independently when necessary.
- Cultural awareness to assess situations where language, culture and or demographics impact the environment and our execution.
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate with confidence at the CxO level.
- Willingness to travel
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST