Machine Learning Engineer Intern - Summer 2019Apply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2019. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based communications applications, and develops machine learning solutions for improving quality of service, natural language processing, and fraud prevention, among others.
You should have the following:
- You are working towards an advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science/Engineering or another quantitative discipline.
- You want to develop skills and industry experience while working on machine learning-based products that have an impact on real customers.
- Hands-on experience with Python, and familiarity with C/C++ or Java/Scala.
- Experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting is a plus.
- Experience in natural language processing and/or deep learning is a plus.
- Experience with technologies such as hadoop, spark, etc. is a plus.
As a Data Science Intern you will experience the following -
- Be a Machine Learning Engineer, not just an "intern".
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features or research topics directly affecting services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace the challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile research and development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.