Messaging Network OperatorApply
We’re looking for a new carrier network operations engineer within our Delivery organization in Malmö Sweden. Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Scope of work
- Monitor and analyze network traffic through the SMSC/STP platform on a daily basis
- Drive technical development of SMSC/STP platform and supporting tools internally and towards platform suppliers.
- Maintain existing network coverage by troubleshooting of issues, prevent fraud/spam traffic etc
- Extend existing reach by technical onboarding and provisioning of operators/carriers worldwide
- Be the communication interface towards our providers, mobile operators and signalling providers(IR.21).
- Update our SS7 coverage and other documentation related to the SMSC/STP platform and it’s operation.
Who we are looking for
- Experience from working with telecom and mobile network infrastructures
- Analytical and familiar to work with standard statistical tools/methods
- Team player with a mindset of “I can do” rather than “they should do”
- Experience from leading people and taking assignments from start to completion
- We expect the applicant to have a post high school (Gymnasium) education in engineering or equivalent training/experience within Telecom/IT
- Solid interest in IS/IT technology
- Willingness to travel internationally once every 6 months
- SMSC planning, implementation and operations
- Basic knowledge of IP routing and switching
- Basic UNIX knowledge such as ssh, grep, vim, nano for troubleshooting configurations etc
- SQL basics for simple database query
- Master the english language in speaking and writing. Our corporate language is english meaning all written and spoken communication happens in english.
- SS7/SIGTRAN basics, signalling provisioning, MAP layer and the different nodes in a mobile network and their functions (MSC, HLR, SMSC, STP). Maintaining documentation of workflows, procedures and processes.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST