Principle Chaos Engineer - Insight EngineeringApply
We leverage Chaos Engineering to accelerate and create a virtuous cycle of operational excellence iteration. By utilizing a failure injection strategy, this allows us to find and fix failure modes, iterate on telemetry, and validate our system wide resilience.
* Loves challenges and unsolved problems
* Has a background in large scale distributed systems
* Is excited to experiment with new technology in an attempt to "change the game"
* Would love to explore how production systems break
About the job:
As a Principle Chaos Engineer, you will look to push the limits of how Twilio and the industry thinks about the validation of highly-available distributed systems.
As a member of Insight Engineering, we build, own, and manage a combination of SaaS solutions and software systems to handle massive scale telemetry data for Twilio. We own some of the largest scale systems at Twilio by measure of traffic and throughput.
* Seasoned Computer Science background or equivalent experience
* Strong Communicator - both verbal and written
* Fluent in high concurrency programming in at least one of the following languages
* Java, Python, Golang, C, C++
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST