Product Manager - Platform EngineeringApply
Twilio's Cloud Communication Platform makes communications easy and powerful, empowering developers with the building blocks they need to innovate anywhere communications is needed.
Twilio’s Platform Engineering team is responsible for internal products that empower Twilio R&D teams to build, deliver, and operate thousands of microservices at global scale and deliver communications APIs to Twilio end users. The scope of the Platform Engineering portfolio is comprehensive and includes developer workstation tools, CI/CD systems, micro-services frameworks, containers and serverless, monitoring and alerting. If building products that power zero downtime, distributed systems at scale is interesting to you this is your opportunity to create something impactful.
You will be working with the Platform Engineering product team to shape the internal Twilio PaaS. In this role specifically, you will be accountable for a subset of products in the Platform Engineering portfolio that encompasses telemetry, data visualization, access control and networking.
About the job:
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product; from concept to API design to driving adoption and measuring impact. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your product.
Working side by side with the engineering manager and tech lead, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your products within the broader Platform Engineering portfolio.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Be the funnel that aggregates what all our customers ask for and translates that to product requirements. Know when to deliver the exact thing that is requested, and when there's a better but less obvious path.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release. Ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Accelerate learning on new products by internal running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to determine which plans are most successful and identify new product opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have real passion for developer focused products.
- You have experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused users. You don't need to be a software engineer, but you need to know the difference between a well designed API and one that's not.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are ones where you do both of those things in the same day.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Excel and preferably SQL expertise. The best product managers use a combination of data and gut feel, and know how to get the data from multiple systems when needed.
- You have experience with application instrumentation, time series data, and visualization
- You have experience with AWS or other public cloud service providers
- You have experience with service oriented architecture and distributed systems
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.