Product Manager - Super NetworkApply
Do you want to be part of delivering the global connectivity that powers the future of communications?
Twilio’s Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require, and is operating in a cost efficient manner.
As a Product Manager within Super Network you will be responsible for identifying the key customer/business opportunities, then working side by side with an engineering manager and engineering team to define and deliver the roadmap based on those opportunities.
Successful candidates will have shown their ability to deal with ambiguous problems, drive alignment and consensus across multiple stakeholders, and work with engineering teams to deliver software projects and manage them through their complete lifecycle.
- Partner with an engineering manager and engineering team and have accountability for the product performance and direction for that team and ensure it is aligned with the company’s strategic priorities.
- Understand external/internal customers needs and provide insight, backed up by data, into the key problems to solve for them. To do this you will collect and analyze external customer and internal stakeholder requests, qualitative and quantitative data, and align these with company strategy to identify high impact opportunities that can be proposed and delivered.
- Lead defining a product roadmap with your engineering team, clearly articulate the prioritization, business value, and technical rationale behind it. Keep this roadmap up to date and it communicated clearly across different levels within the business, ensuring everyone from the engineering team through to senior leadership fully understand the vision and plans.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog to deliver your roadmap to ensure the engineering team have clear priorities. Work with your Engineering Manager to ensure the engineering team are working on the right things at the right time.
- Work with the team to ensure they fully understand the problem they are solving and the requirements so that they can estimate and deliver effectively. This may be detailed product functional specifications, business rule analysis and process mapping, mockup concepts, or document use cases/user stories.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects and communicate the impact of the roadmap you have delivered. Provide ongoing updates of the performance of your product.
- You are a self starter who can deal with ambiguity, cross functional distributed teams, and bring a sense of structure and order.
- You are curious, collaborative, and detail oriented.
- You have experience of writing code or delivering software projects - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our engineers, as well as our engineering-focused customers. You don't need to be a software engineer, but you need to appreciate the realities of building and managing complex software services at scale.
- You have experience documenting requirements for an engineering team, e.g. specifications, use cases, user stories, etc.
- Experience in telecom would be beneficial but it is not required. If you are inquisitive and love solving problems, that is what we want.
- The best product managers bring insights from data, across multiple systems when needed. You have experience of Excel, writing SQL queries, and other data reporting and manipulation tools.
- You can communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form.
- You have experience of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum.
- Telco experience (e.g. interconnections, SIP, etc.).
- You have experience of building/dealing with any of the following:
- Building self service tools.
- Instrumentation and metrics of complex systems.
- Analysis of large sets of data or time-series data.
- Business intelligence reporting.
- Applied machine learning algorithms, such as anomaly detection.
- Building highly scalable systems.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.