You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Twilio, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Twilio’s API.
Sales Engineers at Twilio are involved in all stages of the customer’s software development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for someone who can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to utilize cloud communications technology. Twilio’s Sales Engineers are empowered to come up with creative solutions on the spot so we are looking for someone willing to challenge the status quo and throw out the manual on occasion.
- Educate customers on what is possible with Twilio.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud communications technology.
- Guide the design and deployment of communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization.
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies.
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed for internal use.
- Typically two to six years in a customer-facing technical role.
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: web development, mobile development, IP-based telephony and real-time communications.
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience ranging from engineers to C-level executives.
- Typically 5-10% travel, depending on role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred, awesome Twilio apps accepted as a substitute
How to Apply:
Include a link to an application (or two!) that you’ve built using Twilio.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.