Sales Engineer - APACApply
You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Twilio, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Twilio’s API.
About the job:
Sales Engineers at Twilio are involved in all stages of the customer’s software development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for someone who can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to utilize cloud communications technology. Twilio’s Sales Engineers are empowered to come up with creative solutions on the spot so we are looking for someone willing to challenge the status quo and throw out the manual on occasion. This position will be based in our Singapore office serving customers in the APAC region. As we are new to this region, you will be expected to experience challenges and opportunities far more beyond your imagination. We welcome candidates with an entrepreneurship mindset to work together with our talented team. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves, remain flexible and hit the ground running with a go-getter mentality.
- Educate prospects and customers on what is possible with Twilio and share best practices for implementing common use cases.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using Twilio.
- Guide the design and deployment of enterprise communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization.
- Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team.
- Prepare demos and proof-of-concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs.
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies.
- During a customer's implementation, assist developers, product managers and project owners with any and all technical questions that arise.
- Assist developers with debugging their code in a variety of programming languages.
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed for internal use.
- Typically five to ten years in a customer-facing technical role.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Professional application development or systems integration experience a plus. Experience in the design, configuration, deployment and debugging of IP-based telephony and real-time communications systems is a strong bonus.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: (cloud) call center, web development, mobile development, IP-based telephony and real-time communications.
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration best practices, service oriented architecture and models for sharing IT services across the enterprise.
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Typically 15-25% travel, depending on role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
How to Apply:
- Include a link to an application (or two!) that you’ve built using Twilio.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.