Security Software EngineerApply
Security Software Engineer (Automation)
Twilio Security Software Engineers develop software, systems, and tools that support our mission to keep Twilio secure. Successful candidates will have experience building solutions to tough problems and an understanding of common security concerns. This person will be instrumental in creating, operating and maintaining Twilio’s automated, scalable and distributed security controls and tools. The role is within the Twilio Security Engineering Team.
About the job:
This person will be responsible for building services, applications and security controls to be adopted or consumed (self-service) by engineering and other teams throughout Twilio. They will also develop tools that measure and report compliance with various security standards.
Opportunities for you:
- Make significant contributions to automation and other supporting products which may be Open-Source candidates
- In-depth experience with different functions of a professional security team while building solutions
- Learn from various engineering teams and their approaches to product design, development, and deployment
- Increase your security awareness and build-up this in-demand development skill
- Be part of a high-impact and multi-talented Security team
- Build, develop and maintain systems and platforms that engineering teams can use or adopt to improve the security of their products and platforms.
- Write code and tests, pair w/peers, perform code reviews in Python, Java or Go.
- Be agile and ship features and fixes to Production weekly (often faster!)
- Propose, design & develop solutions that improve security and velocity.
- Design and execute reliability standards for the team's services.
- Work with engineers and teams outside security to enhance their systems with security improvements, or integrate their systems with improved security tooling.
- Develop and maintain tools that monitor and measure compliance with security standards.
You should have all the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- Software Engineering: You are proficient in developing scalable, distributed software systems.
- Hands-on experience developing tooling and RESTful services.
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in critical cross-functional projects.
- Fundamental experience in distributed systems, high availability, microservices.
- Persistent & creative: can unite engineers across boundaries to solve problems.
- Strong Linux system-level performance analysis.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and analysis.
- IAAS platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute).
- You take pride in your ability to document what you do. If it is not documented, it is not measured.
You maintain a current awareness of common attack vectors for applications, networks and cloud systems. You understand best practices for security. You have a strong understanding and experience with:
- Common vulnerabilities, attack vectors, and how to resolve them.
- Authentication and authorization protocols.
- Understand security incident management lifecycles and capabilities, and how to automate them.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST