Senior BI Analyst - Platform EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Sr. BI Analyst for the Platform Engineering team with industry experience and a deep understanding of data usage and life cycles across a SaaS-based organization. We are looking for someone to build the data visualization layer used by our engineering teams and applications, in a way that enables a wide variety of downstream reporting; from real-time, to daily/weekly/monthly summaries. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of data models, dashboards, reports, and automated aggregation processes, building star schema structures, querying the data warehouse, building visualizations using BI/reporting tools, and building ETL processes. The individual will work closely with other members of engineering leadership, as well as the analysts from various business teams, to ensure the solutions that are developed and implemented are tightly aligned to enterprise business standards and principles. The individual will act as a subject matter expert for the data models, dashboards, reports and overall analytics provided by the Platform Engineering team.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Management or related fields
- 5+ years of industry experience building self service analytics solutions for business users across multiple domains like finance, engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing and dimensional data models
- Expertise working with various distributed database systems and thorough understanding of database and SQL optimization techniques
- Expertise with one or more Business Intelligence and dashboarding/reporting tools like Looker, Domo, Tableau, Informatica, etc.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries in a data warehouse environment
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting languages like Python etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to translate complicated technical issues for a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently on cross-functional projects and implement solutions single handedly
- Ability to partner with engineering stakeholders to drive insights and build data sets for analysis
As a Platform Engineering Business Intelligence Analyst, you will:
- Acquire data from data warehouse system by writing complex SQL queries
- Collaborate with engineering leadership in R&D to support their data needs
- Design and build dimensional data models using star schemas for data warehouse
- Build data visualizations with dashboards and reports for various engineering departments using one of the BI/reporting tools like Looker, Domo, Tableau etc to provide insights into engineering KPIs, quality metrics
- Build internal data quality measures and processes to ensure the accuracy of data models, reports and dashboards
- Build self service analytics environment which provide easy drill down/up capabilities to business users and other analysts
- Build automated processes to summarize metrics
- Participate in defining and standardizing engineering business metrics and key performance indicators
- Identify trends in large data sets and validate expected and unexpected trends in the data to assist in identifying solutions to resolve the unexpected
The Platform Engineering team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We provide the software capabilities that enable Twilio to build, test, deploy, instrument, operate, and analyze their services - with quality, speed, and at cloud-scale . We are Twilio for Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.