Senior Developer Educator - PlatformsApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a global company with engineering presence in offices around the world. As our workforce continues to grow, we need to build an engineering education and training program that scales with it. Your job as a Senior Developer Educator will be pivotal in helping to redefine engineering education at Twilio and establish and scale this program. You’re a developer first, but a developer who loves teaching other developers through the creation and delivery of amazing and engaging documentation, in-person classes, videos, and more. You will work closely with the rest of the Education and Training team to develop and deliver The Twilio Academy to your engineer coworkers. You will also put those developer chops to use by launching and maintaining the platform that will host this content in a self-service manner, enabling engineers, regardless of tenure to manage their engineering education. You will be at the center of Twilio’s engineering education universe!
Twilio is looking for an ideal candidate with the following:
- Passion for creating and improving technical education through documentation, training, and boot camps - and has fun doing it
- Incredible interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work across team boundaries
- Track record of working effectively with multiple teams across geographies and time zones
- Excellent technical writing and teaching skills in order to effectively create and deliver engineering training content
- Full-time software engineering experience with an ability to translate that into an effective, engaging, and fun engineer on-boarding and training experience for a fast growing, global engineering workforce
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer science or related field is a minimum requirement
As a Senior Developer Educator, you will:
- Launch and maintain a new CMS for Twilio’s R&D engineering documentation and content needs
- Create, curate and copy edit content for an engineering education and training knowledge base
- Dogfood internal Twilio developer platforms and systems to best develop content for training, and influence platform roadmaps
- Operationalize maintenance program to promote relevancy and recency of documentation
- Develop training for all levels of participants in collaboration with other engineering content instructors
R&D is growing at an amazing rate, so we need you to help us reimagine the education and training pathways that will enable all engineers to deliver features and address customer issues with quality and velocity. We want our engineers to run fast with confidence. The Education and Training team is responsible for creating, curating and delivering the content to this end. Your job will be to create and populate the learning platform that will power engineering education and training programs across all of our offices around the globe. You will transform newly hired engineers into production-ready Twilio builders, armed with the skills, knowledge, and experience required to ship with quality and velocity from the start.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.