Senior DevOps Engineer - User Data Tooling & OperationsApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a highly skilled Engineer for the Data Platform team. You will work directly with the technical lead and other engineers, and interact with many internal teams who use Twilio’s Data Platform. This position is crucial in ensuring Twilio has a secure, reliable, scalable and performant data platform.
Twilio's Data Platform team is looking for a MySQL DevOps Engineer to scale and operate a platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, business units and external customers.
You should be a skilled Engineer with the following qualifications:
- MySQL operations. experience in designing, building and operating MySQL databases for handling tens of thousands events per second and trillions of events over time.
- Automation. You have experience in turning manual work into automated scripts. Eliminate grunt work by judicious usage of pipelines and scripting.
- Systems Engjneering. In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures. Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Cloud. Hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Monitoring. Experience integrating into monitoring frameworks such as Datadog.
- Education. Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Additionally, you have a minimum of 3+ years of practical experience in enhancing and operating MySQL based production system or similar.
A great day would look like developing and operating database-as-a-service products, services and tools for MySQL, and creating and rolling out best practices.
- You will use your experience with MySQL to advise best practices to other teams at Twilio.
- To deliver new products, you will get up to speed with the requirements, design tools that automate operations, work closely with other engineers to build highly scalable and reliable systems with 99.999% availability, with high quality.
- In addition to development, you will be supporting database operations, building artifacts, and shipping code to production with quality at a quick pace.
- Teams are small and empowered to own their products and make them successful. You will collaborate with other engineers and teams, and work cross-functionally for product launches.
- You will help more junior DevOps Engineers by mentoring them, providing guidance and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio’s Data Platform team processes billions of records per day and handles data at the petabyte scale. We provide platforms for internal teams to accelerate development and deliver products quickly. We also provide voice and message APIs and support for our external partners and enable innovative customer applications.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. The Engineering team plays an integral role in building out the products that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We tackle hard problems and encourage development of your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 24 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.