Senior Full-Stack EngineerApply
Twilio is looking for a full-stack developer to join the team that drives twilio.com and all related digital properties. In partnership with the visual design team, the Marketing Engineering team builds flagship collateral to help articulate our API products to developers and businesses building the future of communications, supporting all teams at Twilio that publish on twilio.com.
The Brand team at Twilio builds both rich, bespoke front-end experiences and owns & manages the backend CMS and architecture that powers the twilio.com web property.
You are an integral function to the operation of the site and the Marketing organization at Twilio. You’ll serve as the primary interface to the R&D platform, infrastructure, and console teams at Twilio that operate the cluster environment all engineering teams run on top of.
About the job:
- You wake up every morning looking for new ways to enable content owners on twilio.com to self-publish content, and equip all stakeholders of the twilio.com property to more rapidly iterate
- You're driven to iterate. Twilio ships code every six hours. You see that as an opportunity and a challenge.
- You love building pages that deliver the best user experience on any modern browser. You love front end frameworks, but use them sparingly.
- You’ll implement, own, and operate the CMS that powers twilio.com
- Guide the development of toolchains the larger Marketing organization can leverage for real-time behavioral alerting, insight and performance
- Strong collaboration & leadership skills
- Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Marketing Engineering teams and drive & grow processes and best-practices for a rapidly expanding team.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment supporting infrastructure for teams publishing content and driving performance and growth goals
- 6+ years of experience in full stack engineering in PHP or Python - must have a proven track record implementing & maintaining large-scale deployments involving client-side and server-side interaction
- 5+ years building rich, high fidelity front-end web experiences in collaboration with visual designers
- Deep experience in agile development methodologies, sprint planning, and feature roadmap / backlog management
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, and CMS systems like Wordpress or Wagtail
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and build patterns common to web technology stacks
- Honed attention to detail. You sweat the small stuff.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code.
- CS background or comparable in-field experience
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST