(Senior) Network Engineer - Super NetworkApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a (Senior) Network Engineer to design and operate global points of presence that enable network connectivity to carriers and customers. This will require experience building and operating production networks for security, scalability and reliability.
Successful candidates will have strong experience working with telecom network engineering. In this role you will work with carrier partners, customers and internal teams as well as mentoring carrier interconnection engineers in operating and troubleshooting our network POPs. You will be designing and implementing monitoring and automation and responding to and resolving incidents. The ability to work independently to arrive at solutions without a guide is essential to success.
- Advanced expertise with data and telecom network engineering.
- Knowledge of network peering and direct connectivity to facilitate carrier interconnections.
- Strong experience with VPN setups and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with and selecting carriers to facilitate interconnections and peering needs.
- Passion for good documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Experience with AWS networking and Direct Connects.
As a Network Engineer you will:
- Work with Twilio’s carrier partners and customers to provide them with the best connectivity options.
- Operate our Juniper-based network POPs.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Work closely with Interconnections and Engineering teams to collaborate on connectivity solutions.
- Maintain accurate and easy to follow internal documentation.
- Understand key network quality metrics.
- Take part in larger migrations and projects for capacity and planning.
- Develop and maintain operational processes.
- Be part of a small but global team.
- Need to travel 1-2 times a year to different Twilio offices.
- Travel required X% of the time (if applicable).
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the Interconnections team is to ensure high quality connectivity to every carrier and customer. Your experience will help the team continue to deliver on this mission as Twilio expands its global POP footprint and product offerings.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office in Tallinn, Estonia or Malmö, Sweden. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Prague and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.