Senior Programs & Operations Manager, Field EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a programs and operations lead for its field engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role as a member of a professional services team.
- Experience in effective project and program management.
- Experience analyzing data, using database queries (e.g. SQL), spreadsheets and statistical modeling
- Ability to take broad concepts and the vision and then develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and effectively execute those plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage without formal authority
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as required
- Define, design, launch, and run programs to improve the consistency, proactivity, and impact of the global field engineering organization
- Gather prospect feedback and customer data to improve the Twilio platform
- Program manage the onboarding of new hire cohorts to decrease time-to-ramp
- Employ data-driven insights wrapped in a persistent program structure to improve interlock with other organizations (Support, Product, Engineering, Sales)
- Drive team preparation for conferences to ensure maximum value for customers and partners
- Partner with technical and sales training teams to ensure efficacy of training content
- Rollout and operate SaaS tools (e.g., LMS, RFP, call recording systems) that improve global team efficiency and collaboration
- Lead strategic and operational efficiency projects, communicating proposals and updates to senior leadership
This is a critical role for Twilio to foster consistent execution and a proactive focus for all sales engineers, solution architects, and technical program managers working in the field with Twilio customers and partners.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Field Engineering team plays an integral role in accelerating successful enterprise adoption of Twilio's platform as a trusted technical advisor to our customers both in pre-sales and post-sales phases.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, Irvine, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Redwood City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.