Senior Software Engineer- AuthyApply
Make a significant impact in this fast-paced role with Authy, an industry-leading cloud-based Two-factor Authentication (2FA) solution, part of Twilio, a fast growing, well respected, leading SaaS-based telecommunications company. You will be helping to secure the accounts of consumers and employees of our customers, against the increasingly common problems with stolen username and password lists, such as the recent breaches at Target, Home Depot, HipChat, Twitch and Slack
User identity is core to secure communications, and businesses need a simple and more cost-effective way to validate user identity. Together, Authy and Twilio will address the growing need for stronger authentication methods in an increasingly connected world. Passwords aren't enough anymore. No other security company has gone as far as Authy to provide a secure yet simple user experience. That's why now, as part of the Twilio family, Authy helps more than 1 million people to protect their most important accounts.
- Working on the Authy platform as a senior resource to the team.
- Work on the leading Two-Factor Authentication platform and all of its infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build the future of authentication technology.
- Bring creativity and fresh thought to the system design process on a daily basis.
- 5 years of full stack development experience with deep back-end and front-end knowledge.
- Strong Ruby and Linux skills, preferably with hands-on Amazon Web Services experience.
- Must be an expert developer in at least two programming languages.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
- Rock solid technical foundation. Algorithms, data structures and systems architecture.
- Go language and/or C++ proficiency a strong plus
- Show a demonstrable track record in successful startups or open source software projects
If you are not experienced in security and authentication, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.