Senior Software Engineer, Customer ExperienceApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The mission of the Support Tools team (part of the Customer Experience group) is to build scalable technology to support users quickly, proactively, accurately, and in the modes our users desire. Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with Product Management, Design, and Customer Support to create new products and improve existing ones.
A successful engineer in this role should have the following:
- Empathy to the individuals you work with day to day and able to prioritize customer escalations.
- Loves writing code and excited about solving complex and business-critical technical problems.
- Direct experience with cloud based services (using AWS), Docker and monitoring services (such as Datadog).
- Experience designing and efficiently articulating technical proposals and solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related equivalent experience required.
The Customer Experience group delivers key insights to customers about their usage of Twilio products and services while supporting them as they grow and scale their business. Twilio has a truly great customer support team and the Support Tools engineering team enables the customer support team to be efficient and have a consistent mode of communication in engaging with our customers. We are working on several exciting new tools and initiatives to achieve this mission.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join this rapidly growing team.
As part of this team you will:
- Drive the technical effort to design, develop, deploy and operate Twilio's Customer Experience product offerings.
- Work on new initiatives to create tools to communicate effectively with our customers at scale.
- Deliver internal tools and products driving support plans, pricing and billing.
- Collaborate with other team leads to create the product roadmap, review code, and mentor junior developers.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, education / health credits, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.