Senior Software Engineer, Developer ExperienceApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Developer Experience team is on a mission to provide the most developer-friendly platform in the world; to build a place where developers are empowered by the tools, infrastructure, and knowledge we provide them to build applications that will delight their customers.
We build solutions designed for developers to be successful throughout the entire software development lifecycle of their applications.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about solving complex and business critical technical problems to join our team. This is where you come in.
To be successful at this role, here is what you should bring:
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production microservices that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- You love to write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code.
- You bring experience with complex distributed systems, comfortable with multiple programming languages and enjoy to explore and learn new programming patterns.
- Expertise in complex data modeling, large scale data pipelining (Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, etc.) and next generation distributed data stores is a huge plus.
- Bachelors degree in CS or related equivalent experience required.
The Developer Experience team ships products that Twilio customers use to build, debug, and operate their Twilio applications. This includes our Web Console, Helper libraries / SDK’s in all popular programming languages, and cloud-based debugging tools.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building new solutions as well as constantly improving services that power Twilio’s top products and generate significant revenue.
- We are working on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally. You are empathetic to the individuals you work with day to day and able to prioritize customer escalations.
- Work with the other team leads to create the product roadmap and plan sprints, review code and helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, education / health credits, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
We are also open to remote employment for this position.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.