Senior Software Engineer - Growth EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Growth Engineering team sits at the nexus of Sales, Marketing and Engineering focused on making Twilio customers successful using our platform. While listening closely to our customers and other product teams at Twilio, we are responsible for creating delightful signup and onboarding experiences.
From removing friction on signup, to rethinking the trial experience, to creating a whole new lifecycle for on boarding developers, the Twilio Growth Engineering team is responsible for introducing more people to Twilio and what it can do for them.
Are you a Senior Software Engineer that is opinionated on what it takes to make somebody successful? Are you always thinking about ways to make your product more relevant to a larger audience? If so, we are looking for you!
To be successful at this role, here is what you should bring:
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production microservices that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- You love to write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code.
- You bring experience with complex distributed systems, comfortable with multiple programming languages and enjoy to explore and learn new programming patterns.
- You care about UX and design in addition to writing robust resilient code.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related equivalent experience required.
The Growth Engineering team at Twilio is responsible for the first experience a person sees when they join Twilio. We are responsible for shepherding a customer on to success and have influence and ownership of a large swath of the Twilio surface area, including signups, onboarding in the Console, and integration with docs. We also help other teams optimize their growth as well.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building new solutions as well as constantly improving discovery for Twilio's top products to generate significant revenue.
- You talk to customers and learn how they think of Twilio.
- Work with the other team leads to create the product roadmap and plan sprints, review code and helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio seeks to fuel the future of communication and this team is responsible for helping new customers on their journey discovering and using Twilio!
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, learning, development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in internal hack-a-thons, allowing our engineers to dedicate two weeks every year to tackle any challenge they see fit. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life (we know this is a marathon not a sprint!); that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.