Senior Software Engineer - Intelligent Routing APIApply
TaskRouter is at the heart of Twilio’s biggest and most complex customer deployments. This year it is Twilio’s fastest growing product, growing at least 1000%. From major enterprises like ING to multi-billion dollar software companies like Zillow, TaskRouter powers the core logic of their entire customer experience. We're looking for a strong Senior Engineer to join our team and help us rapidly scale the system to the next level while maintaining a highly available mission-critical service.
About the job:
As a senior engineer at Twilio, you are empowered to create wonderful experiences for our customers, who are developers and builders. You are excited when you release something that makes it easier for a developer to focus on the creative side of code.
You think about how your product will help the customer that spends $10s of millions with Twilio, and the customer who hasn't spent $1 yet.
You will own, create and operate REST APIs and infrastructure to support the world's largest brands. These services will transform the way people operate their business.
Your services will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time. You enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that to take services to scale require developing a complex distributed platform and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency and real-time responsiveness.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team in San Francisco, CA or Mountain View.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing highly available services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale.
- Write high quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage. You live and breathe load testing, and optimizing for performance.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. You own what you build, from your desktop to production.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Minimum 5 years experience building complex distributed systems across concerns of reliability, high-availability, performance, scalability, capacity planning, and automation.
- You are an expert in at least one web stack and framework.
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems. You have scaled data tiers employing a variety of SQL/NoSQL database and caching technologies.
- You believe test automation is the only scalable way to ensure quality, and have built and maintained a complex automated test suite.
- You have direct experience with a Cloud Service Provider, such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You have experience in JVM languages (Java/Scala)
- You have experience with data pipelines, especially with Kafka
- You have experience with Node.js
- You have experience working with authentication services from Active Directory to OAuth
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST