Senior Software Engineer - IOTApply
Twilio's IoT business unit is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build backend services and billing infrastructure for Twilio’s IOT Product Suite. We build an IoT platform to help business create, build, and deploy IoT devices around the world. There’s millions of devices powered by the Twilio IoT platform.
IoT is a small team dedicated to evolving and hardening the backend services of our product. We build REST-based microservices that flexible, scalable and robust. We collaborate with the product team to define the roadmap and drive the projects from design to deployment. We are responsible for many services running on over 400 virtual machines
- The Senior Software Engineer for the Wireless Billing team will be responsible for the delivery of software from concept to production.
- You will work on the implementation efforts alongside a team of seasoned and junior engineers.
- You will be responsible for monitoring services and troubleshooting problems as they pop up in the field.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work on:
- Public facing REST Api supporting SIM procurement, lifecycle management, and monitoring
- Big data usage and billing pipeline processing millions of events per day
- Interfacing with Telecom partners to build a robust suite of wide area cellular services
Skills we like:
- Mastery of at least one programming language (Scala or Java a plus)
- Skilled in a scripting language (Python or Bash a plus)
- Big Data processing such as Spark or Hadoop
- Stream processing such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Billing code that affects customers wallets with extreme sensitivity to correctness
- Relational databases such as MySQL, NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Cloud native engineering to build reliable services on unreliable infrastructure
- Service Owners who deploy and monitor their own software in production
The rapid rise of IoT is contributing to Twilio's continued growth as a company. By ensuring that we are solving the right problems for customers, you'll not only make a significant contribution to Twilio's success, you'll enable customers to imagine and create IoT solutions that were previously out of reach.
With this role, the IoT team is committed to providing an exceptional developer experience through a rich device SDK in addition to our programmable interfaces. Our goal is to ensure customers can easily build, test and deploy connected solutions at scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.