Senior Software Engineer - PlatformsApply
Platform Engineering is building a Twilio for Twilio. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the DevOps APIs and tools that they need to successfully build fast, reliable and quality products.
Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of Twilio's entire R&D team; engineering our services beyond the scaling and performance challenges we face; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us as we develop a new suite of products that will help Twilio engineers measure and improve the operational performance of their services.
* Work on full stack development of platform tools and web services
* Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment
* Perform DevOps responsibilities: automate build & deployment and releases
* Manage highly critical platform tools and vendor applications in the cloud
* Own reliability for the team's services and participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
* Be agile and ship features and fixes to Production weekly (often faster!)
* 8+ years of experience developing high-available web applications or distributed systems in Python or Java
* Experience developing RESTful services
* Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches
* Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud
* Able to write automation scripts to build, configure, and deploy software to different environments
* Be persistent and creative to unite engineers across boundaries to solve problems
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.