Senior Software Engineer - Programmable MessagingApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is excited to build the future of Twilio’s Programmable Messaging. As an engineer of a core product at Twilio, this role must expertly balance operations, scale, and innovation on business critical systems.
Twilio is looking for a senior engineer with deep experience in distributed systems and highly scalable cloud topologies. The ideal engineer would possess many of the following skills:
- Demonstrated versatility to apply previous learning paired with an eagerness to learn.
- Experience operating and designing scalable data persistency layers.
- Ability to design horizontally-scalable resilient systems and engineer high availability for common single points of failure.
- Proficiency in cloud technologies and hands-on experience in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure. Experience in modern systems development languages, such as Scala, Java, Rust, Go, etc.
- A desire to mentor and teach to ensure the success of others and the team.
- Ability to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes around security.
Additionally, you have 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, mission critical systems and you have experience leading technical projects.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Engineer on the Programmable Messaging team , you will:
- Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team
- Develop low latency, highly available, globally distributed services to support the Programmable Messaging product
- Develop, deploy, monitor, and operate systems in a continuous DevOps model
- Develop proof of concepts, shared libraries and services that will be used across the product engineering organization.
- Research and choose technologies, design system architecture and model data in a scalable and efficient way.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
The Programmable Messaging team build products that enable text message communication to reach hundreds of millions of people every day. You will be presented with countless growth opportunities as you help build a messaging platform that solves the communication problems of today and the future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.