Senior Software Engineer - Services (IOT)Apply
Twilio enables developers and businesses to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world.
The vision of the Programmable Wireless team is to build the first truly global and programmable connectivity network, enabling developers to build the next generation of IoT and communications devices.
About the job:
Join a fast paced, growing team that is creating one of Twilio's most transformative products to date. As a Senior Software Engineer for Programmable Wireless you will own development of backend infrastructure, from customer-facing REST APIs to service integration with mobile network operators, to our Spark-based data application layer.
This is a senior role in a fast paced, highly visible team that functions as a startup within Twilio working across a number of product groups. Here you will build features and feel direct impact of the customers.
- Join a fast-growing, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities; from customer facing APIs, to high scale data layers, to service components that interact with both internal and external partners
- Build object models and data streams that can abstract device capabilities for IOT applications
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies…new service protocols and architectures, self-healing capabilities, globally distributed caching, performance and code quality tooling, etc. Determine the right tool for the right task.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage
- 5+ years in the industry as a software engineer
- Expert level development skills with distributed systems and complex code bases
- Experience working with Java and MySQL (or other RDBMS) in a production environment
- Great communication skills and strong team player
- Experience in a production DevOps environment at significant scale
- Experience with Scala