Senior Software Engineer - Support ToolsApply
About the job:
Twilio is looking for a full-stack engineer to help form the ranks of a new team at Twilio. Its mission: build and maintain customer support-related infrastructure that Twilio’s users will rely on daily. If you enjoy projects that have a large user impact and genuinely help people, this is a great role for you.
You’ll be working with a number of new and existing products at Twilio: from paid support plans, to a training platform that helps new users, to the support-related sections of our user Console. A given day could find you developing a deep billing integration for our training platform, to defining logic for a chatbot that helps answer our customers’ questions. You’ll be a key element of your team’s overall mandate: creating tools to make sure Twilio’s users get quick answers when they seek out help and training.
- Develop, test, deploy, and and scale our customer success tools to ensure we’re building high quality services.
- Build both frontend and backend services, coordinating the integration of downstream and other dependencies.
- Become familiar not just with Twilio’s codebase, but also the outside APIs we rely on: Zendesk, LearnUpon, and other platforms you’ll learn about.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Tech Leads, Customer Experience employees, and other Engineering teams to release new customer-facing features.
- Drive quality and consistency by writing maintainable code with extensive unit, functional and load tests.
- We take pride in our API uptime with a system-wide 99.95% SLA. You’ll help uphold this by taking operational responsibility for your services.
- Ship complex platforms with highly engaging UX interfaces that help our users. “Creating experiences” is one of our 9 company values, and we are always looking for new ways to tackle user problems.
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack engineer
- Experience in Node.js, Python, and React/Redux.
- Shown foundation in OO design.
- You thrive in an energizing environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
- A good eye for design and what makes a decent UI
- Experience shipping complex platforms with highly engaging UX interfaces.
- Computer Science or similar degree is a plus.
- No experience in telecoms is required.
- You’re familiar with SOA or distributed systems design.
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures
- You have worked with Twilio’s API and spoken to our support team
- You’ve engineered solutions for customer success and support in a previous role
- You’ve worked with infrastructure on AWS.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.