Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead - ProxyApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Since its beta launch in 2017, Proxy has experienced a higher growth rate than any other Twilio product in their first two quarters of life. Companies like GrubHub, Fedex, and Dominos have been onboarded in less than a couple of weeks! The next few quarters will be crucial for Proxy: We need to scale it and bring it to GA - Proxy is a key component of Twilio Flex and we are expecting a sharp traffic growth. Come join us if you get excited to see your product taking off across so many users. We need to build a whole new set of features - Proxy is evolving to become the next big Twilio Engagement Cloud pillar after Twilio Flex. Come join us if you are passionate about creating solutions that open new markets.
As a hands-on Tech Lead at Twilio, you are empowered to create wonderful experiences for our customers, who are developers and builders.
- You are excited when you release something that makes it easier for a developer to focus on the creative side of code.
- You think about how your product will help the customer that spends $10s of millions with Twilio, and the customer who hasn't spent $1 yet.
- You will own, create and operate REST APIs and infrastructure to support the world's largest brands. These services will transform the way people operate their business.
- Your services will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time.
- You enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that to take services to scale require developing a complex distributed platform and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency and real-time responsiveness.
- You have experience in a functional programming language, ideally in Scala
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field or equivalent experience is a minimum requirement.
As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for:
- Driving architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth.
- Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- Have the opportunity to mentor and help grow engineers.
- Working alongside Product in brainstorming ideas, defining, scoping and planning work
- You will be tackling some of the world's most complex distributed system challenges, at an enormous scale, while maintaining a 99.999% of both API availability and success rate. There's no maintenance windows ever at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.