Senior Software Engineer - Twilio FlexApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to design, develop and operate high scale services that power the next generation of a cloud contact center platform.
You bring experience with:
- JVM languages (Java/Scala),
- You can design and develop scalable, resilient and performing-under-load distributed systems.
- You are a champion of quality, test automation and CI/CD workflows.
- Even better, you have expertise with scalable data pipeline, next generation distributed data stores and authentication services.
- You communicate well in person, on paper and in code.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
As a Senior Engineer:
- You will be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates Twilio Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center platform.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineers to own and create a suite of microservices that will form the foundation of a product that can be deployed through configuration only, but retains total programmability at every layer of the stack.
- These set of services required touch every single Twilio product, front end and back end. You will operate these services in a DevOps environment using Twilio Platform and tools.
- You will tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing highly available services in a distributed cloud environment, these services will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time. You enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that to take services to scale require developing a complex distributed platform and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency and real-time responsiveness.
Flex announcement video
Twilio Flex Press Release
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 24 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.