(Senior) Software Engineer - WebApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Realtime Data Team develops the engine that powers Twilio’s communication infrastructure enabling multi-platform signaling on a global scale.
Realtime Data is foundational for both internal Twilio services and to external customers - as a platform. As a Frontend Developer you will be building a set of rich, high-fidelity front-end web interfaces and performant back-end services used by hundreds of thousands of developers and apps.
We’re looking for versatile, full-stack software engineers with product thinking eager to bring the facade of our cloud-hosted Software-As-A-Service platform to new heights.
- You are versatile, ready to learn and execute on all levels of software engineering: from front-end and UX to back-end and databases, from low-level optimizations and debugging to architecture and system design, from slinging code to operations and assuring quality of your work.
- You have passion about full-stack web development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies.
- You are product focused, taking pride and ownership of beautiful user interfaces that millions of developers can experience around the world.
- You are customer focused and have empathy for our customers and their businesses enabled by Twilio platform.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a member of Realtime Data team you will have an opportunity to develop elegant, highly-available and bulletproof-resilient developer console that manifests Twilio’s Programmable Chat, Sync and Notify product design and user experience, in addition to powering an internal toolkit. You will contribute to product development end-to-end: from working with members of the product organisation to distill customer requirements to architecture, design, and development. You’ll also be accountable to operate the systems you’ve created live, devops-style.
In Realtime Data we believe in versatility and complementing proficiencies being key to forming a better team. We are therefore looking for people with a variety of skills, specializations and levels of seniority. You should have at least 3 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- User experience. You love intuitive, fluent and responsive user interfaces. You know how to build fast-rendering reusable and extendable front-end components using React, Vue or Angular.
- Backend. You have experience in designing and implementing back-end services to power the Web front-ends.
- Testing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- Security. You are able to design secure systems and assure operational processes around security. You understand fitness for purpose of security techniques.
- Agile. You are an expert in practical aspects of running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team and in a distributed cross-team environment.
The services and APIs developed by the Realtime Data team are used by thousands of customers, both internal and external to Twilio. Our infrastructure powers aspect of Flex and works in concert with Messaging.
Twilio empowers the world’s developers with modern communication tools, helping them to build better applications. Twilio is unique: we are a company committed to your entire employee experience. We win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you cultivate your strengths. This means we will trust you to invest in complex solutions where we need them, and we’ll rely on and encourage creativity. We have a culture founded on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Join us!
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 24 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Prague and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.