Senior Technical Integration Engineer - WirelessApply
As Senior Technical Integration Engineer, Wireless, you will be responsible for planning, managing and executing multiple concurrent integrations between Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and the Twilio Wireless platform.
About the job:
Twilio's Programmable Wireless team has created a platform that enables IoT developers to leverage connectivity provided by multiple MNOs using a single SIM. You will own the technical and operational aspects of adding new MNO interconnects and ensuring that existing interconnects operate reliably at scale. Together with our group's Architect, you will define the high-level patterns to repeatedly on-board new MNOs. At a more tactical level, you will work with Twilio engineers and partner engineers to ensure that each integration is implemented correctly and on a predictable schedule.
You will have technical ownership of an extremely important part of our multi-tenant, multi-provider platform.
- Define, document and iterate on the standard procedures for MNO onboarding.
- For each MNO integration, author the implementation plan and schedule, and coordinate the appropriate internal and external resources.
- During implementation, act as the primary collaborator to our partners, performing your own connectivity validation in staging and production environments.
- Work with Product Management to ensure that partner onboarding prioritization is aligned with the broader priorities of the roadmap.
- Act as part of the engineering team, including daily standups, sprint planning, specification review, and participation in the team's standard agile practices.
- Drive, manage, and communicate status on integrations including project milestones, dependencies, task completion and post-launch analysis.
- Define operational processes (e.g. runbooks, FAQs, operating metrics) so that production systems can be reliably maintained by the Wireless engineering team.
- Has worked on software or solution delivery in a high availability, multi-tenant environment
- Understands IP networking inside-out
- Confident when interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders, including the business
- Bachelor's Degree, 3+ years of experience in program or project management.
- Hands-on experience in the delivery of high-availability networked applications using popular cloud platforms: Amazon VPC, Amazon Direct Connect, etc.
- A solid understanding of wireless networking protocols: SS7, Diameter, GTP, as well as concepts: PDP, PDN, NAS, Roaming over SCCP/GRX/IPX.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.