Senior Technical Onboarding Support Engineer IIApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Onboarding Support Engineer to be the champion for our new customers and show our commitment to creating amazing experiences on our platform. This role will engage with our early stage customers to educate them on best practices and help them build their project on Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of stellar technical support. We seek someone with:
- 4+ years experience in a customer-facing technical role.
- A solid understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem, general purpose programming languages and computer networking.
- Experience delivering positive customer experiences by identifying customers’ problems and driving the adoption of best practices.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback through customer empathy.
- Ability to take complex topics and make them simple and digestible.
- Customer Success experience a strong plus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
As Onboarding Support Engineer, you will:
- You will engage with early-stage customers via email to help customers build their use-case on Twilio and influence them to implement Twilio best practices.
- You will drive customer adoption of Twilio and guide their journey to launch.
- You will assist customers with questions on the technical details of their implementation, building their application, Twilio functionality & capabilities in different locations, among other things.
- You will own your own and shared inbound ticket queue making sure every ticket gets a timely and meaningful response.
- You will serve as a customer advocate and work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management, and Sales.
- You will help us understand customer trends, content knowledge gaps, customer pain points and close the feedback loop to improve training materials and Twilio products for our early stage customers.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. Outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience, is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.