Senior Technical Support EngineerApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our APAC team in Australia, supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s various products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s powerful communication API.
- Minimal 3+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- Telecom experience a big bonus, especially voice/SIP troubleshooting experiences.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skill
- A regular day in the life of a Technical Support Engineer at Twilio would consist of working on a dozen support cases submitted by both individual developers and major brands.
- Some examples include: debugging a customer’s code which is resulting in 400 responses, troubleshooting audio quality issue with customers that are using our Voice products, or perhaps speaking with a customer on the phone to guide them through development of their SMS application.
- Internally, you will be collaborating with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs, spending time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards, and working with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process betterment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
You will be based in Twilio’s office in either Sydney or Melbourne, with the flexibility of working remotely from time to time. You will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.