SMS Product Manager - Super NetworkApply
At Twilio our mission is to power the future of communications and Super Network is the platform within Twilio where we work in partnership with carriers and operators around the world to solve our customers problems. To help us on our journey, we are seeking an experienced product management leader with experience of the SMS industry to work with our internal engineering, operations, and carrier relations teams and in partnership with our carrier providers to help Twilio on it’s rapid growth in supporting customers and their SMS needs.
We are looking for an experience product management leader with the following background:
- Has 8+ years of hands on product management experience in both the software development and telecommunications space.
- Experience of SMS industry and technologies.
- Ability to understand company’s strategic priorities and define and drive a multi-year product vision that aligns with cross functional teams.
- Worked closely with both customers and suppliers to understand their needs and solve large and complicated problems.
- This is a leadership role. You will have experience managing both directly and stakeholders by influence, ideally with geographically distributed teams.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to drive informed product decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in a computer science related field.
As Product Manager for SMS within Super Network you will:
- Engage with our largest customers, suppliers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to gather requirements and design solutions that make our SMS customers successful.
- Work with engineering teams to put a roadmap in place and continue to communicate and drive that roadmap at all levels.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partners and vendors.
- Support Sales in key deals. Support Carrier Relations with key suppliers.
Super Network is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power Twilio’s Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require, and is operating in a cost efficient manner in line with regulations around the world.
SMS is a critical communications channel within Twilio’s Programmable Messaging product and this role is at the heart of that. Sitting between the customer facing product teams, carrier relations, operations, and the SMS platform engineering team, this role is about bridging the customer’s and carrier’s needs to build a platform that empowers the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco or Crown Place in London. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.