Software Developer- SupportApply
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Software Support Developer to join our team in Dublin, supporting our customers’ use of platform, and help customers get the best experience from Twilio’s products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s API’s and SDK’s.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s, and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP / UDP, and basics of SSL / TLS. Bonus: An understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or e-mail mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position
A regular day in the life of a Software Support Developer involves helping our customers to troubleshooting coding and integration issues in order to get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As Software Support Developer you will:
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Be ready to assist our customers when they need us, this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
- Be available to support our customers during holiday periods to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRA’s to report reproducible bugs.
- Review internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards.
- Work with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at WeWork Iveagh Court, Dublin 2 (across from the Harcourt Luas stop). You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered lunches 4 days a week, snacks, game area, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly dinners at All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.