Twilio's customers send millions of communications every day. These communications are a firehose of micro-transactions, processed at a fraction of a penny at a time, millions of events per second. As a pay-as-you-go service, it's critical to both external and internal customers that we bill transactions in a timely and accurate manner. As a shared platform within Twilio, we have a responsibility to ensure that our systems can quickly and easily scale to support new products, 3rd-party integrations and new use-cases.
The Billing Platform Team is responsible for processing millions of transactions every day through the billing console, reducing the risk to customers by detecting and preventing fraud. We are looking for engineers who appreciate this level of scale & automation and enjoy exploring bleeding-edge techniques in financial processing while creating immersive user experiences.
You will be responsible for usability considerations as well as the implementation of modern Web experiences. The experiences you build will be relied upon by Twilio’s largest customers on a daily basis, and you will continually expand and refine the experience to meet customers changing needs.
- At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport so you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
- Create web experiences for customers to manage and track payments in billing console.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Use continuous feedback to constantly improve the experiences you build for all of Twilio’s customers.
- Instrument user behavior tracking as well as produce automated tests using tools such as selenium.
- Learn from experienced engineers and extend your knowledge in all aspects of software engineering.
- Embrace the culture of an inclusive team where supporting others is expecting from all.
- Contribute to shared libraries used by all teams within Twilio
- 2+ years building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- Proficient level experience with modern Web technologies including React and Node.js.
- Experience with REST API design and services development on at least one of ( Node.js, Python or PHP )
- Experience with large systems, complex code bases as well as source code control systems such a Github.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner.
- Experience in Scala/Java
- History with integrating third party payment providers
- Knowledge of security best practices when creating services ( OWASP )
- Experience with unit, integration and stress testing ( selenium, jest, etc )
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.