Software Engineer - APIApply
At Twilio, APIs are our business. Our core customers are developers like us. We live and breathe REST. Nothing gets us more excited than delivering an API experience that lets developers do something they’ve never done before.
About the job:
The API team at Twilio is responsible for helping to design the REST APIs for all of Twilio’s product lines, from SMS to IP Communications. We also build the helper libraries that 90% of our customers use to access the APIs. Ease of use and consistency are top of mind; we pride ourselves on getting new developers up and running with Twilio in less than 5 minutes. Finally, the API Team owns and operates the API layer itself - a high-availability, low-latency machine that processes more than 3 billion API requests a week.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers throughout Twilio to design the REST API for all Twilio products.
- Design, build, and maintain our 6 official helper-libraries your team owns.
- Own, operate, and optimize Twilio’s API layer.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience developing distributed systems.
- Enthusiasm for working in multiple languages, from java to php (but mostly python).
- Direct experience with High Availability architecture.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Know when to find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- You’ve caused an OOM with Locust, Apache Bench or Gatling.
- Experience maintaining an open source project and the forks to back it up.
- You know the difference between an Abstract Base Class and an Interface, and when to use them.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.