Software Engineer- Core Products (Front End- Node.js/React)Apply
About the job:
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, IoT and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Our globally available cloud API makes connectivity instantly available in over 100+ countries allowing businesses to focus on building unique communication experiences with their customers instead of dealing with the messiness of traditional telecommunication.
To use Twilio, our customers need Phone Numbers. From the developer that just signed up to Twilio about to build her first app, to our established large-scale customers who are using 100,000+ Phone Numbers in their business globally. We are expanding our availability of Phone Numbers to every country in the world and want to accelerate how customers find the connectivity they need at the right price and help them efficiently manage their ever growing inventory of Numbers.
As a full stack engineer on the Phone Numbers Engineering team at Twilio, you will be responsible for creating compelling web experiences to achieve that mission.
- At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport so you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will help creating web experiences for customers to discover, purchase and managing the right connectivity for their use case.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Use continuous feedback to constantly improve the experiences you build for all of Twilio’s customers.
- Contribute to new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers and designers to produce wireframe mock-up’s with tools such as Balsamiq.
- Instrument user behavior tracking as well as produce automated tests using tools such as selenium.
- Learn from experienced full stack engineers and extend your knowledge in all aspects of software engineering.
- Embrace the culture of an inclusive team where supporting others is expecting from all.
- Proficient level experience with modern Web technologies including React and Node.js.
- Experience with REST API design and services development on at least one of the following stacks - Node.js, Python or PHP.
- 2+ years building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases as well as source code control systems such a Github.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with data visualization techniques.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.