Software Engineer - InterconnectApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a talented Interconnections Engineer to help expand our carrier connectivity globally. This role focuses on onboarding new interconnections and working closely with internal engineering teams and Twilio’s carrier partners to understand their technical requirements while determining the best way to fit them into Twilio’s Super Network.
Successful candidates will have strong telecom experience working with SIP or other telephony protocols. You will work on the onboarding process of our carrier partners for Voice & SMS across the globe. The role will include handling high level escalations from internal & external sources and being able to work cross-team if needed to resolve the issues and drive root cause analysis. You will have an eye for detail in maintaining our interconnection standards. The ability to work independently to arrive at solutions without a guide is essential to success.
- Understanding of SIP and related telephony protocols/standards
- Experience with troubleshooting common voice issues
- Excellent verbal and written English, more languages is a plus
- Process-oriented approach
- Passion for good documentation
- Eagerness to take on new things
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years of relevant experience
As Interconnections Engineer, you will:
- Work with Twilio’s carrier partners to understand their connectivity requirements
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve service issues related to VoIP and SMS telephony platforms and applications
- Maintain accurate and easy to follow internal documentation of new and existing interconnections
- Understand key quality metrics of voice and SMS communication and implement testing to ensure our carriers are consistently performing at their peak
- Take part in larger migrations and projects for capacity and planning
- Work with Engineering & Customer Service teams to collaborate on solutions and approach for persistence issues
- Develop and maintain operational processes
- Be part of a small but global team
- Need to travel 1-2 times a year to different Twilio offices
Twilio’s global carrier network is constantly growing, and Interconnections team is responsible for onboarding carrier partners in a fast and reliable way. We make sure Twilio always has the best reach and high-end quality when it comes to termination routes and international phone numbers.
We are the team known for our in-depth telecom experience and perfect documentation, we are planning and building Twilio’s carrier-facing infrastructure. Join us if you are open to new challenges, love solving problems and want to work in a small group of professionals from all over the world.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful in Singapore. You will enjoy our incredible perks once a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Asia Pacific team!
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.