Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2017)Apply
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2017. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2.
About the job:
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
- Working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Has experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting
- Has experience with technologies such as hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
- Business Intelligence team - the mission to empower Twilio Business Units to make data-driven decisions by providing accurate, timely and valuable insights through self-service analytics delivered via effectively implemented and managed enterprise data warehouse platform and related tools. We build and manage data pipelines using open source distributed data processing technologies that provide actionable insights to the right people at the right time across Twilio.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.