Software Engineer - Phone NumbersApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer who is excited about working with a world class team to solve some of the hardest problems at Twilio through excellent software design and implementation. Among them are enabling our customers to grow and expand globally by giving developers simple APIs to access the world’s communication channels and building the systems that power the growth of the world’s most innovative communications company.
- You are a creative engineer and developer, able to see multiple sides of a problem, and to work with your team to implement solutions that take into account success and failure states, good actors and bad, and account for the massive growth that Twilio is experiencing.
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production [micro]services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a Cloud environment.
- You appreciate the value of great devOps, and strive for reliability, speed, and quality from dev to staging to prod.
- Even better, you understand designing for data integrity and secure data management.
- Interest in and/or experience with communications, telephony, and multi-user systems a plus.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Conversational command of English preferred.
- A great day for you would be working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building APIs used by all Twilio customers, as well as constantly improving services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue.
- We are working on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
The Phone Numbers team enables our customers to scale their business in as many countries as possible. From Uber’s anonymous driver communications, to AirBnB’s host identity verification, businesses make their communications more relevant and compelling using Twilio.
The Phone Number Services team works on solutions to onboard high-volume customers and bring their business to Twilio. Some of the services we provide include transparent and automated phone number porting, hosted SMS and provisioning shortcodes. We also work on solutions to ensure we always have up-to-date inventory and can satisfy customers’ demand for different types of phone numbers across the world.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Bogotá, Colombia. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, BBQs, gym stipend, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.