Software Engineer - Platform EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for building user-friendly systems and tools that allow our customers (all Twilio engineers) to monitor the systems and services they produced at Twilio.
- You will need to be able to think at scale, and meet high availability goals, ensure service resiliency, and address latency and quality challenges in a large multi-realm monitoring environment.
- You bring experience with distributed systems, and hybrid production systems (Python / Java / React.js). Even better, you have expertise with one or more log aggregation and monitoring solutions (perhaps GrayLog, Nagios, Icinga, or Prometheus?).
- You are comfortable with managing distributed data stores.
As a Software Engineer:
- You will be working alongside a small but collaborative team that builds APIs, web interfaces, and command line tools that maximize the throughput of Twilio’s product teams.
- You will create and maintain tools that gather and analyze data from every service in Twilio and provide interfaces so that all engineers in Twilio can customize how your tools are used.
- At the same time, you will mentor more junior developers and provide guidance while positively influencing their careers.
The Insight Engineering team within Platform Engineering gathers data from and monitors all services at Twilio to help engineers gain insight and make better decisions while engineering and scaling up Twillio’s services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Platform Engineering is Twilio’s investment in velocity, a startup-within-a-startup. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the DevOps APIs and tools they need to succeed in their mission. Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of Twilio's entire R&D team; engineering our services beyond the scaling and performance challenges we face; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in an ideal office space at Veerenni 24D, Tallinn. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has ~ 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, Berlin, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.