Software Engineer (Salesforce Developer)Apply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer (Salesforce Developer) to join the Sales Operations team. This is a great role for an experienced Salesforce developer looking to work more closely with the business, apply their mastery on the Salesforce platform to deliver impact, and expand the breadth of exposure beyond Salesforce. You will be in the unique position of joining a growing development team that you can learn with and help shape.
You are right for this role if you excel at solving multi-faceted problems, managing large volumes of data, and building world-class tools that drive impact. The ideal candidate is able to deeply understand the core business problem being addressed, balance speed and quality, and provide solution alternatives.
You are a results-oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a "can do" attitude, and is comfortable asking questions.
- Knowledge on Force.com coding best practices
- Experience in Salesforce Lightning Design System
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience in Angular, CSS, HTML, jQuery, SOQL
- Experience in GIT or SVN.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into independent features for development.
- Comprehensive experience on debugging and troubleshooting in Salesforce
- Experience in identifying common blind spots and bugs in Salesforce.
- Experience in working with and optimizing millions of rows of data
- Proficiency in developing unit tests with assertions for core functionality
- Experience in SQL, Python, Scala
- Familiarity working with a Pay-as-you-go business model
- Experience with projects on custom forecasts and product schedules
- Experience developing and deploying through Heroku
As a Software Engineer (Salesforce Developer), you will be responsible for development on key projects while ensuring quality and extensibility of our Salesforce codebase. With your mastery in Apex and other coding languages, you will be owning the end-to-end development of custom tools and features, from solution design to deployment.
As our technology stack evolves to meet our growing business needs, you will have a front seat in the selection of future tools and how to integrate them into our ecosystem of sales tools. You will also be building solutions across various systems to drive efficiency for the Go-to-Market organization and help Twilio grow at scale.
- Work with Sales Operations Systems team on evolving a Salesforce data model that is technically scalable, easily reportable, and functionally intuitive for end users.
- Utilize SOQL API’s, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callouts, and other development tools to build custom functionality that tailors our sales systems to our unique business and operating model.
- Develop accurate estimates on level of effort for timely project execution.
- Review and assure quality in all code entering our codebase.
- Continually evaluate and refactor our existing codebase for increased extensibility.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Twilio to accomplish key Sales initiatives.
The Sales Operations team is crucial for the success and scalability of our sales org and its supporting teams. We are the custodians of the systems, processes, and data that power the day-to-day interactions across the sales organization and lay the groundwork for future initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity to come in early and shape the future of a growing development team. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your development skills alongside our solution and technical experts, deeply engage with end users that provide the feedback needed for you to master your trade, and be in the front seat of seeing how business processes drive change.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.