Software Engineer- Super Network EngineeringApply
The Twilio platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Super Network Inventory Intelligence team to help us build our next generation phone number management and intelligence platform. This platform is at the core of Twilio's services and allows Twilio to rapidly scale globally.
About the job:
- Mission of the team is to provide solutions and tools for phone number order management, predictive analytics, quality monitoring and operational excellence.
- Create REST APIs for order management interface with various phone providers
- Design and build tools to add, manage and test phone number inventory.
- Build predictive machine learning models to forecast purchase requirements
- Interface with numerous providers and reconcile phone numbers across providers and Twilio.
- Own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using tools, like Datadog, Rollbar, Lightstep.
- Full stack exposure, from UI to database. Java, Python, Scala, MySQL, PHP, Nginx, all on AWS
- Work in a small, empowered team. Move fast - ship to prod multiple times in sprint.
- Develop and scale the Phone Numbers products, services and tools
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable. Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools made available via our developer portal and to our customer support organization.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks and plan work accurately.
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call.
- Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for product launches.
- Be a leader in engineering best practices in the team and drive continuous improvement.
- 2+ years experience building high scale, mission critical systems.
- Prior experience as Software Engineer.
- Experience designing systems, spanning multiple services and teams.
- Good understanding of object oriented design and data modeling.
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases.
- Proficiency in one language and knowledge of others.
- True Agile mindset.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.