Software Engineer - Voice PayApply
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer who will collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing voice features. This engineer will own, operate and maintain their teams’ services in a distributed production environment, employing Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
Twilio is looking for an engineer with a demonstrated track record of building distributed systems:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience developing and scaling complex distributed systems based on Java, C++ or .NET technologies
- Expert in at least one web stack and framework
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems, with the ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems
- Experience scaling data tiers employing a variety of SQL/NoSQL database and caching technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or Azure
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- Capable of operating from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
As Software Engineer, you will:
- Implement real-time voice and messaging services
- Develop a complex distributed platform with points of presence globally, each one concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and media fidelity
- Work with distributed SQL and NoSQL databases and caches
Twilio’s Voice Connectivity team handles millions of calls every day, connecting callers, carriers, and companies across the globe. We solve complex problems at scale with next-generation telecommunications infrastructure. We craft APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding voice applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.