Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an Enterprise Solution Architect who is both highly technical and has strong business acumen. You should be a rockstar unicorn who has a passion for designing, building, and selling technology solutions to wide variety of innovative enterprises. You should love engaging with customers, building relationships, and driving the technical sales cycle.
The perfect candidate is at ease sitting down with developers, product managers, and C-level executives and advising them on the best ways to utilize cloud communications technology.
The Twilio Enterprise Solution Architect loves to innovate and shape strategy. You don’t need the manual… because you love writing it yourself!
Twilio is looking for a Solution Architect with a demonstrated track record in Pre-Sales Engineering
- 10+ years pre-sales experience selling a complex, technical product
- Experience in the design, configuration, deployment, and debugging of IP-based telephony and real-time communications systems
- Experience with Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, REST APIs) development
- Cloud platforms experience (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration best practices, service oriented architecture and models for sharing IT services across the enterprise
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable field is preferred
As Enterprise Solution Architect, you will:
- Educate prospects and customers on what is possible with Twilio and share best practices for implementing common use cases
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud communications technology
- Build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
- Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- Guide the design and deployment of enterprise communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed
Selling the Twilio APIs and our Flex Contact Center Application Platform requires a unique set of skills. We need a rockstar unicorn who can build, educate, consult, and sell this first of its kind solution. The role of the Twilio Solution Architect is crucial to the successful execution of our go-to-market strategy. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to Twilio and our customers!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio
This is a remote position where you will work from a home office, airplane, and/or a customer site. You will be traveling 35% of the time for this role. Residence in the Pacific Northwest is preferred.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.