Solutions Architect, Programmable Wireless (IoT)Apply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Solutions Architect for Twilio IoT will work with customers to discover and document best practices, with the goal of making them repeatable. Internally, the Solutions Architect will help ensure that Product Management and Engineering are designing and building the 'right product' for customers, and that our integrations to Mobile Network Operators are performed in the best way to unlock customer value. As the team grows, there is scope for this to become a leadership position.
Reporting to the Head of Wireless and IoT, this position is based in San Francisco or Mountain View with some domestic and international travel and some remote flexibility.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of large scale telecommunications systems.
- Experienced and opinionated on how to design and pitch a complex technical solution to a customer or partner.
- Passionate about achieving the best technical outcome, but pragmatic enough to work within the constraints of a customer's existing technical environment.
- A storyteller. The ideal candidate can confidently explain why a proposed solution looks the way it does, and is equally comfortable when examining technical minutiae with a CTO as when exploring business value with a CEO.
- Comfortable with modern multi-tenant cloud systems, and how such systems are constructed from components like relational and non-relational databases and distributed queues.
- Willing to get their hands dirty.
- Talk to customers and partners and manage technical relationships.
- Act as the source of truth - the 'Solution Owner' - for what our largest and most strategic customers are building and how we should be supporting them.
- Work with Product Management to determine relative prioritization of features and betterments.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure that product benefits are accurately evangelized to customers and prospects.
- Work with Customer Support and other customer-facing teams to ensure that all customer interactions are high quality, accurate, and reflective of the best practices you define.
- Solve customer problems. There won't always be someone else to help debug problems on a customer's device, examine their logs for errors, or work with a network operator to figure out why LTE roaming isn't working in Madagascar. To find your happy place in this role, you should be the type of person that embraces solving large and small technical problems from end to end.
The rapid rise of IoT is contributing to Twilio's continued growth as a company. By ensuring that we are solving the right problems for customers, you'll not only make a significant contribution to Twilio's success, but you'll be enable customers to imagine and create IoT solutions that were previously out of reach.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco
and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.