Sr. Carrier Operations Network EngineerApply
This role focuses on working with Twilio's carrier partners deploying and operating Twilio's global network. You will work on the onboarding process of our carrier partners for Voice & Messaging across the globe. The role will include handling high level escalations from internal & external sources and being able to work cross-team if needed to resolve the issues and drive root cause analysis. You will have an eye for detail in maintaining our interconnection standards.
About the job:
This role focuses on working with Twilio's carriers and internal engineer teams on streamlining processes and handling escalated issues with our partners.
Successful candidates will be have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SMPP, and/or other telephony protocols. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly troubleshoot all ranges of issues from one way audio to deploying new carrier interconnects. The successful candidate will be used to a high paced telecom environment with shifting priorities and understand how to juggle a wide range of issue types.
- Perform daily operational tasks on our automated Voice & Messaging platforms.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for routine tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Operate the various Voice & Messaging related services that are involved in the day to day operations of our network.
- Participate in design sessions for various network automation tooling and projects.
- Deploy and on-board our carrier partners around the globe.
- Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture that involves Carrier Operations.
- Diagnose, Troubleshoot, resolve service issues related to VoIP and Messaging telephony platforms and applications.
- Participate in shared on call support rotation within Carrier Operations.
- Audit fraud attack vectors on the network.
- Study trends, and participate in scaling adjustments for capacity of components, resources and sessions.
- Work with Engineering & Customer Service teams to collaborate on solutions and approach for persistence issues.
- Develop and maintain operational process and procedure documents.
- Minimum 7-8 years of Technical Operational experience with service provider networks.
- Advanced level understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP and related telephony protocols/standards.
- Advanced level understanding of SMPP and related messaging protocols/standards.
- Ability to perform SIP & RTP debugging and be proficient at reading and understanding traces.
- Experience with Session Border Controllers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong opinions on best practices for running a Telecommunications network.
- Strong understanding of MOS Score, Jitter, Delay, etc. and how to troubleshoot these occurrences.
- Proficient in SQL.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST