Sr. Data Scientist, Super NetworkApply
Do you want to be part of delivering the global connectivity that powers the future of communications?
Twilio’s Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require, and is operating in a cost efficient manner.
Twilio is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our Super Network Health Services team to help us build next generation platform for detecting performance issues in Twilio’s carrier network. The Super Network Health Services team is responsible for the resiliency of Super Network carrier connections.
In this role, you will work with petascale data generated by thousands of systems and growing rapidly every day. You’ll leverage your experience in statistics, deep learning and predictive analysis of massive data sets. You will make key technical decisions and modeling choices, as well as writing amazing code, and you’ll provide actionable intelligence and analysis to the business. You’ll apply data science tools and techniques appropriately based on your judgment and intuition and your understanding of human behavior.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities
- Lead the development and implementation of custom data models for automated anomaly detection systems
- Data mining and analyzing using the state of the art methods
- Data Wrangling/ Cleansing
- Improve data collection and include data sources from third party systems
- Contribute to product decisions with ad-hoc analysis and awesome storytelling presentation
- Lead the development of processes and tools to track and report on system performance
- Guide other team members in data science methodology and processes.
- 8 years of academic or professional experience in statistics, data science or other quantitative field.
- Masters (or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics or other quantitative discipline.
- Hands-on experience with core data science algorithms for classification, regression, time-series analysis and various visualization techniques. You’ll need a strong grasp of probability theory.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following languages to wrangle and understand the data: SQL, R and Python+Scipy.
- You’ll be getting your hands dirty with data, so you should have extensive Unix skills and data mining skills. You’ve written a MapReduce job, queried MySQL, worked with Spark or extracted data from S3.
- Passionate about working with data at scale.
You love to learn and constantly investigate new techniques and methodologies.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You have an ability to drive towards actionable results. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. When you don’t know it, you figure it out. You are a self-starter and you get things done -- you are a DOer.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative or scientific field where you analyzed data statistically.
- Academic experience in one or more of these fields: physics, biostatistics, astrophysics, computational chemistry, cognitive science or neuroscience, behavioral economics, econometrics, finance, mathematics or computer science.
- Familiarity with Java, Scala or C++.
- Experience with data visualization.
- DW/BI experience.
- You’ve developed software in a professional team setting following agile software development practices and continuous delivery.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.