Sr. DevOps Engineer - Platform BaseApply
In a nutshell:
Twilio's Platform Base team needs a DevOps Engineer! In particular, we're looking for someone that's very comfortable with Linux, AWS, and has a knack for building tools and services that alleviate difficult problems.
What we do / who we are:
The Platform Base team develops, curates, and supports the environment that Twilio service team owners run their application in, namely, the operating system. In an environment as large and fast moving as Twilio, this presents a unique challenge: keep the operating system, secure, reliable, and efficient while incorporating a constant stream of updates from both outside Twilio and within. And, do it rapidly and seamlessly.
To that end, the Platform Base Team seeks engineers that come from myriad backgrounds. We build and manage a complex set of tooling to build, test, release, and monitor our operating system deployments (both traditional images and container images). The members of our team complement one another with various core skills:
- Building back-end systems - the automation that builds our images
- Building front-end systems - our portal into image releases and adoption
- Operating system internals - maintaining the make-up of the operating system image
- Software packaging - understanding Twilio's software dependencies and deployments
- Configuration management - ensuring our run-time environment comes up in the correct state
Specifically for this role:
As a DevOps engineer joining the team we expect you to be well-versed in several of the above macro areas. The more the better, obviously, but we recognize folks have their strong suits. Right now, the areas where you can really help move the needle for us are:
- Linux skills - you should know how things work under the hood
- AWS - they have a lot of services, help us make the most effective use of them
- Configuration Management - you can bend the various tools to your will
- Software Development - You need to be comfortable getting in there with us
Why you should join:
We touch a lot of technologies in our group. Front-ends, back-ends, the OS itself, the agents and services the other teams provide - we work with them daily. There is no shortage of interesting problems to work on.
In addition to all of Twilio's great benefits, we take pride in our culture and the Platform Base team. The camaraderie, openness, and support will be something you experience daily.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.