Sr. Front End Engineer - Programmable Contact CenterApply
The Programmable Contact Center team are transforming the way builders can get started with Twilio, changing the time it takes for Twilio technologies to be rolled out from months to minutes. Our mission is to fundamentally change how Twilio is consumed.
This team builds a component based solution for deploying a Contact Center for customer experience, providing our customers with the foundation of a product that can be deployed through configuration only, but retains total programmability at every layer of the stack.
The set of user interface components required bring together every single Twilio product, powering consumer, agent, supervisor and administrations user interfaces.
This team touches everything, moves fast, and changes Twilio for the better.
About the job:
As a senior front end engineer at Twilio, you are empowered to create wonderful experiences for our customers, who are developers and builders. You are excited when you release something that allows developers to assemble amazing user experiences.
You will own and create front end experiences, from individual components to entire web applications. These front end interfaces will transform the way people get started with Twilio.
The user interfaces you create will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time. You enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that great user experience takes ongoing investment, refinement and polish.
Front end developers are critical in making sure that Twilio's APIs are beautifully presented, with an obsession for customer experience.
You think about how your product will help the customer that spends $10s of millions with Twilio, and the customer who hasn't spent $1 yet.
You can make our customer's lives better.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team in Tallinn,
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. You own what you build, from your desktop to production.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects, and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment where new components are being added on a weekly basis.
- 3+ years building rich, high fidelity front-end web experiences in collaboration with visual designers
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and build patterns common to web technology stacks
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff; you love shipping beautiful products.
- You have a honed attention to detail. You sweat the little things.
- You are obsessed about making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code.
- CS background or comparable in-field experience
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST